Opti-Stor Heat Recovery
The revolutionary Opti-Stor Heat Recovery System is a cost saving, double-walled heat exchanger and water storage system. It captures the heat created during your cooling process, then naturally uses it to heat your water, rather than exhausting it, this allows a savings of up to 65% on water heating costs!
How does the Opti-Stor Recover Heat?
1: Maximum Heat Transfer The Opti-Stor “hot plate” heat exchanger provides the maximum heat transfer surface area while minimizing the refrigerant pressure drop.
2: Quick Recovery – The “stratified” tank, with the hottest water near the top, allows for quick recovery and efficient heat transfer. This maximizes the availability of the hot water. Opti-Stor tanks also operate at low temperatures, maximizing efficiency and preventing scaling.
- Simple Operation Opti-Stor tanks have no motors or pumps, making them extremely easy to operate and maintain. Optional auxiliary electric resistance backup is also available.
- Compressor Protection Opti-Stor tanks extend the life of cooling units, due to the fact that compressors don’t need to work as hard to remove heat. As a result, compressors and condenser fans don’t need to run as often.
- Compact EfficiencyThe entire system occupies minimal space; it heats and stores the water in a single unit.
3: Long Life The industrial glass-lined water storage tank resists corrosion. It also has two replaceable anodes for extra protection. Plus, Opti-Stor tanks come with a full five-year warranty on the heat exchanger and water tank.
4: Certifications and Approvals Opti-Stor hot water tanks are thoroughly tested and listed by Underwriter’s Laboratories, Inc (UL). They meet all codes required for double-wall vented heat exchangers. CE approved units are available. Foam-in-place 2″ insulation (R16) meets ASHRAE 90 standards.
- Flexibility Opti-Stor units fit any refrigeration system. They can accommodate compressor systems from ½ hp to 100 hp or more. Multiple units can be piped together to match refrigeration capacity and hot water demand.
- Energy & Cost Efficiency by expanding the condensing surface of a cooling system, Opti-Stor tanks improve the efficiency of both air-cooled and water-cooled condensers. An Opti-Stor unit connected to an air-cooled condenser reduces heat, which maximizes compressor efficiency. A water cooled-condenser connected to an Opti-Stor tank requires less cooling water. In either case, this means double savings: reduced water or electricity costs — and free hot water.
The Opti-Stor is available in 80 or 120-gallon capacities. The Opti-Stor II-80 is designed for single compressor operation. The Opti-Stor II-120 is designed for one or two compressor operation. The Opti-Stor III-120 includes a thermostatically controlled 6,000 watt electric heating element to boost water temperature into the 170° to 180° range.